Thursday, September 28, 2006

I have wracked my brain for just the right Aleta Memory to do her justice. I wanted to come up with a memory that would demonstrate exactly how much my husband and I came to love her. I just can't seem to settle on one moment, one incident or even one day that is truly set in my mind. I do know that SHE is indelibly in my mind, though. Like the way she welcomed a family of four including an infant and two cats (of which she was allergic!!) into her home for three weeks. Even though she had never met us she made us feel welcomed and never an inconvenience. (Although, there were a few eye rolls when the toilet paper kept running out!!!) Or the way she made my lonely 12 year old son feel accepted. UNO anyone?? Or how about the way she practically adopted my baby girl as her granddaughter. How many times did Kaia drag her Auntie through the Children's Museum and the Zoo? Her humor and wit was unparalleled, although I was CLUELESS to most of the punch lines. But, I must say that I would have loved Aleta for one reason and one reason only.the way she loved my sister Jean. She was completely devoted to her. The way she cared for Jean was beyond compare. I was blessed to know this incredible woman for almost 5 years and I am saddened by her passing.

Jannet Hada

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home